Friday, February 6, 2009

Kee-O! Son-Daik-Day!

So its been about a week. My last informative post I sounded moody. Things are changing. I think I had low blood sugar. I forgot to eat till like 7pm yesterday and I was moody and pessimistic alllll day.
But I had Milo and Homemade yogurt (You should all make some its delicious) this morning, and I went to the market to buy Son-Daik-Day and am going to make peanut butter so All is well.

A.) I have taken up listening to classical music. Canon in D Makes me homesick. But its pretty so I listen anyways. Chaconne is brilliant. I played it in band and loved every second of it.
B.) I bought my bicycle. I will get a picture of him on next week. He is shiny and blue, so I named him Kee-O, which means blue in Khmer (K-My, my as in my own.)
C.) Starting Monday, I teach an adult english class on Mondays and Fridays. Its fun because they are very advanced. Last week they discussed global warming. We are going to do Poetry and the Solar System next week.
D.) I found out last night that my bank card doesnt read at one of the ATMS here, I will try the other one tonight.
E.) Yesterday there was an accident. Then two hours later a dog got squished. I was not happy.
F.) Riding a bike is more trecherous than ever. There have been 5 or 6 crashes close to my work since I have been here. 5 people have died. Its very sad.
G.) I am going to start getting involved in the Health Development sector of SC. So I will be involved with my two future paths, teaching and Medicine.
H.) Riding a bike in the wind while wearing a skirt is a bad idea when people are already looking at you for being a Barang on a Bike (Barang is the word they use for white people, translates to French)
I.) When I ride past people on my la-or bike, people say Hello How are you?; I mess with their minds and answer in spanish or portuguese. I am scared to answer in french because thats the second most common language here.
J.) I miss cheese.
K.) I live off yogurt, rice, and crackers.
L.)Out of all the volunteers, I DONT have the curliest hair.
M.) I am getting a shirt made right now. I am definitely excited. The fabric cost $1.50 for 1.5 meters
N.) I am starting to ramble about useless things because I want to make it to Z
O.) I was totally unaware how different things are in the states.
P.) Wearing sunglasses on my head makes me feel cool and worldly
Q.) I need to learn more Khmer, people are laughing at me. I just learned to count.
R.) I listen to my music really loud to drown out the more important things in the room.
S.) Sweetened Condensed milk is disgusting. But I am addicted to adding it to coffee.
T.) I think some of my students have better english than me. But I am a faster typer.
U.) I have a rabid dog cane, to fend off the wild beasts.
V.) I am trying to decide whether to tell the classes that Pluto is not a Planet.
W.) I don't know if I told you all, But I want to go to med school. But I am scared that I will kill someone while being an intern. Grey's Anatomy will haunt me forever.
X.) I like to make lists in my sleep.
Y.) Africa by Toto makes me feel happy.
Z.) I plan on travelling for a month around Asia alone. It scares me but I am totally pumped to do it as well. Hopefully I wont get lost.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY KLIPPENSTEIN!!!!!!!!
Talk to you Soon! Email me. I like Emails. It gives me something to do!

1 comment:

Alexandra Jeffery said...

hey love i liked your post and i am totally jealous of how worldly you are! is that the right word to use? i don't know not that it really matters. I bet you look super adorable on your blue bike!
Love you, alex