Helloooo Everyone!
We have arrived! Our flights were long.. and besides the last one, relatively quiet. There were a bunch of babies surrounding us on the Tokyo-Bangkok flight... but nothing a good Dose of "Hercules" couldn't drown out. Yes, that is right, I watched Hercules. On a plane. Don't be jealous.
I guess I should talk about the actual places I have been: Tokyo was adorable... the blankets on the plane left lint all over our clothes so we were on a quest for a lint roller, and some cute Ladies in a store helped us clean up. Then we almost missed out flight (Even tho we had been in the airport doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours. Only us Eh?) Then we flew. Nothing too new at that point... thirty hours awake made it seem a little longer. yes that is right, No sleep for Emily. Twice I fell asleep only to be woken by an old couple needing medical attention and a whining baby. Oh boy.
The Bangkok airport is INSANE! It reminded me of the Beijing water cube they built for the Olympics... very very silver and Star Trekkie.
Our hotel is very cute. Iddy Biddy rooms with a very small TV, but the people here speak alright English so at least they know what we are saying. I think mum and I are going to go hunting for the "MBK" mall which is very far away. Oh Boy. I guess you haven't really travelled until you get ridiculously lost in a country you know nothing about.
OO OO! and in the Tokyo airport there was an origami museum. which was maaaaddd! I took pictures, completely ignoring my attempts to look less touristy.
Well, I guess that is all for now. We are visiting the temples and such tomorrow and the day after.... So I will fill you in on that then. That is, if we are able to find our way back here after our jaunt today....
-Emily
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i want to come now sounds like so much fun :(
Post a Comment