Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Day in Bangkok

So Jan, Mum, and myself went to MBK to grab out last few items, and visited the Jim Thompson house. For those who don't know him, he was an American who really put the Thailand silk into the spotlight. He disappeared into this air while on a trip in Malaysia. Very sad. Neat house.
Then, Jan and I went to Visit the flower market, where we saw funeral wreaths and prayer loops. Then we went to Wat Pho, the reclining Buddha (Dimensions 49m by 15m. yeah I know that's huge) which was wicked. Then we went to Temple of Dawn, where some students interviewed me on wedding customs, greetings, and food. While Jan was clarifying some things I said in Thai, turns out I had planted myself on a fire ant mound. Don't worry, I only got bit enough to get the experience... and besides, I am already covered in bites, I might as well make the bites different and diverse! Mum and I ended the night by visiting Khao San Road which is a night market, but everything was really expensive. Talking to Jan these last two days has been awesome, I never would have learned half the stuff I have in a Thailand for Dummies book! Like, that most Thai families don't cook, they just visit the street vendors. Anyways, mum and I fly out today. Next time I am on here will be in Cambodia, which may be a few days till I have Internet. Toodles.

1 comment:

Gunn Family said...

Hi Emily and Sue! Looks like you're having a great time so far? How's the jet lag? Thingas are fine here, it's even warmed up a bit (on the plus side of zero for a while). Safe travels and keep up the great blog! Love Uncle John